Student’s Name: SARAH
Teacher’s Name: T. Honey
Book's name: CHATROOMS FOR TEENS 2
Levels of Proficiency
· Beginning – The student at this level struggles with his/her understanding; prerequisite and fundamental knowledge and or skills have not been acquired or developed adequately to aid understanding.
· Developing – The student at this level possesses the minimum knowledge and skills and core understandings but needs help throughout the performance of authentic tasks.
· Approaching Proficiency – The student at this level has developed the fundamental knowledge and skills and core understandings and with little guidance from the teacher and/or with some assistance from peers, can transfer these understandings through authentic performance tasks.
· Proficient – The student at this level has developed the fundamental knowledge and skills and core understandings and can transfer them independently through authentic performance tasks.
· Advanced – The student at this level exceeds the core requirements in terms of knowledge, skills and understandings, and can transfer them automatically and flexibly through authentic performance tasks.
Sarah is an obedient as well as cooperative student. She always follows instructions from the teacher and does every activity very well. Not only that, this student is also very active as well as responsible when it comes to reading as well answering questions from her book. Additionally, Sarah knows how to appreciate English activities provided by the teacher in fact, she knows the benefits of these activities to her. Furthermore, I commend this student for always showing interest as well as participation in every activity given by the teacher and likewise, for not complaining in each activity given.
Sarah’s reading skill can be considered as Proficient. This is because this student can read, recognize and understand reading passages from her book. This student has also the ability to describe as well as explain what is going on in each picture. This student can also recognize, define and explain some vocabulary words from the book. Furthermore, she is honest to let the teacher know if she does not know the vocabulary word/s. This student has also the ability to read as well as answer questions after each reading passage from the book.
Sarah’s comprehension skill can be considered as Proficient. This is because this student can read as well as understand reading passages from her book. She has also the ability to identify, describe and explain some images from her book. Sarah can also define some vocabulary words from her book nonetheless, there are some instances that she is hesitant to answer. Furthermore, this student has also the ability to understand as well as answer questions from her book. This student can also understand ideas from the book and from the teacher and likewise, she can also share her thoughts and ideas to the teacher. Sarah is candid enough to tell the teacher if she does not understand the word/s from her book.
SPEAKING AND PRONUNCIATION:
Sarah’s speaking and pronunciation skill can be considered as Proficient. This is because this student can answer the teacher very well. This student is very fluent when it comes to speaking. She can convey her ideas and thoughts without hesitation. She is more aware and careful when it comes to correct grammar. I commend this student for always being honest and candid during free talking. Furthermore, I also commend Sarah because her pronunciation of words as well as her accent when it comes to speaking is very good and her words are comprehensible.
Sarah always shows activeness as well interest when it comes to studying her book as well as in answering English activities provided by the teacher. I commend this student because she has become more candid when it comes to talking and answering questions from the teacher. I also commend this student because she is very fluent as well as more confident in reading as well as in speaking English. Sarah has improved a lot this month. This student needs to always observe correct grammar when it comes to speaking.
The teacher will help the student to be more familiar with the correct usage of grammar.