Student’s Name: SU JEONG
Teacher’s Name: Danica
Book's name: Let’s Go 1
Levels of Proficiency
• Beginning – The student at this level struggles with his/her understanding; prerequisite and fundamental knowledge and or skills have not been acquired or developed adequately to aid understanding.
• Developing – The student at this level possesses the minimum knowledge and skills and core understandings, but needs help throughout the performance of authentic tasks.
• Approaching Proficiency – The student at this level has developed the fundamental knowledge and skills and core understandings and with little guidance from the teacher and/or with some assistance from peers, can transfer these understandings through authentic performance tasks.
• Proficient – The student at this level has developed the fundamental knowledge and skills and core understandings, and can transfer them independently through authentic performance tasks.
• Advanced – The student at this level exceeds the core requirements in terms of knowledge, skills and understandings, and can transfer them automatically and flexibly through authentic performance tasks.
Su Jeong was a jolly and cooperative student. She has impressed the teacher with her enthusiasm in answering some simple questions being asked to her. She looks so charming when she shares bright ideas especially about pets.
Su Jeong’s reading speed is average. She tries to read some short poems clearly and carefully to avoid mistakes. It’s easy to read simple words however, she still needs to improve reading some complicated words. Nonetheless, the teacher admires her determination in learning.
Su Jeong’s comprehension level can be considered as developing. This is a very challenging part for her since she has limited vocabularies at her age. She can answer random questions, but she has problems in answering some difficult questions. This can be solved by reading more English materials on her free time.
SPEAKING AND PRONUNCIATION:
Su Jeong’s Speaking and Pronunciation skills can be considered as Approaching Proficiency. She can pronounce most of the correct answers from the game but in some items, it took her some time to speak and construct a sentence.
RECOMMENDATION AND SUGGESTIONS:
The teacher likes to praise Su Jeong for doing her best in class. She is a confident student and the teacher hopes that she can apply what she learned in class. Watching more educational videos will be helpful to enhance her skills in speaking and writing English. Keep up the great work Su Jeong~
The teacher plans to share more conversational English expressions with the student so she can easily remember and use them in the future. The teacher will ask some Free Talk questions to practice her ability in speaking and for her to freely express her feelings.