Student’s Name: Taeyoon
Teacher’s Name: T. Jannex
Book's name: Let’s go 5
Pages: TB 10-17 WB 10-17
Levels of Proficiency
· Beginning – The student at this level struggles with his/her understanding; prerequisite and fundamental knowledge and or skills have not been acquired or developed adequately to aid understanding.
· Developing – The student at this level possesses the minimum knowledge and skills and core understandings, but needs help throughout the performance of authentic tasks.
· Approaching Proficiency – The student at this level has developed the fundamental knowledge and skills and core understandings and with little guidance from the teacher and/or with some assistance from peers, can transfer these understandings through authentic performance tasks.
· Proficient – The student at this level has developed the fundamental knowledge and skills and core understandings and can transfer them independently through authentic performance tasks.
· Advanced – The student at this level exceeds the core requirements in terms of knowledge, skills, and understandings, and can transfer them automatically and flexibly through authentic performance tasks.
It has been a pleasure teaching Taeyoon this month. Taeyoon has remained to be an active participant in class. However, there are times when he’s not in the mood to study in the beginning of class. It’s a little difficult to make him pay attention to the lesson because his mind is on something else. When this happens we just talk and play a little and he’ll keep his promise and study again.
READING AND COMPREHENSION:
Taeyoon’s reading skill is in Approaching Proficiency level. Taeyoon has improved his reading skills this month. He has become more fluent in reading, and he now reads with good inflection. However, there are times when he reads too fast, therefore, losing his accuracy. I encourage Taeyoon to pay more attention to the word he’s reading and avoid reading too fast to avoid mistakes.
SPEAKING AND PRONUNCIATION:
Taeyoon’s speaking and pronunciation skills are in Approaching Proficiency level. Taeyoon has become chatty this month. He often begins the class with his stories and random topics that interest him. The class is more enjoyable when he takes the active part in conversation. Keep it up, Taeyoon!
We started using Let’s go 5 book this month. The grammar lessons are intermediate level, and Taeyoon is doing well comprehending the topics. He follows the patterns well and compared to last month, he makes less mistakes in answering the grammar exercises on the book now. He is also able to make his own sentences using the pattern. Good job, Taeyoon!
It is highly recommended for the student to read more stories in English books, practice speaking with a partner and make his own sentences every day. Learning new words by watching English videos and listening to English songs and narrations, and playing English games are good exercises to help him improve his English communication skills.
The future goal that I’ve set for this month of January is for Taeyoon to do more sentence building activities to help him constantly improve his English skills. Conversation and speaking exercise will be included in everyday activities to hone his sentence construction and speaking skills. More importantly, we'll do more reading exercises to enhance his comprehension and vocabulary.