Student’s Name: So Hyun
Teacher’s Name: Berna
Book's name: BSE 1/ Let’s Go 1
Pages: BSE 1 - 12-15; Let's Go 1 - 15
Levels of Proficiency
• Beginning – The student at this level struggles with his/her understanding; prerequisite and fundamental knowledge and or skills have not been acquired or developed adequately to aid understanding.
• Developing – The student at this level possesses the minimum knowledge and skills and core understandings, but needs help throughout the performance of authentic tasks.
• Approaching Proficiency – The student at this level has developed the fundamental knowledge and skills and core understandings and with little guidance from the teacher and/or with some assistance from peers, can transfer these understandings through authentic performance tasks.
• Proficient – The student at this level has developed the fundamental knowledge and skills and core understandings, and can transfer them independently through authentic performance tasks.
• Advanced – The student at this level exceeds the core requirements in terms of knowledge, skills and understandings, and can transfer them automatically and flexibly through authentic performance tasks.
So Hyun is very good at listening skills. He is a fast learner, quiet but smart. Her teacher also doesn’t need to correct the student that much. She is very willing to learn. So Hyun can also follow teacher's instruction easily.
SO Hyun's reading skill can be considered as Approaching Proficiency. This is because there are still some words and phrases which are unfamiliar to the student. The student has a tendency to mumble whenever she doesn’t know how to read a particular word, phrase or sentence. The positive aspect on her reading skill is that, when the teacher corrects the student on how a particular word should be read, the student can get it easily.
So Hyun's comprehension skill can be considered as Approaching Proficiency. She's able to understand the topic and instructions once. The student can also immediately understand what he has read by answering the reading check-up without much of an issue. This is a sign that the student has a very good English comprehension skill.
SPEAKING AND PRONUNCIATION:
So Hyun's speaking and pronunciation skills can be considered as Developing. I've noticed that she's a little bit shy when interacting with her teacher. But, I see potential in her that she can do it.
So Hyun is a smart girl, very good at listening skills. She pays attention during the discussion. I always adviced her
to read more English books, watch English cartoons and alwayd attend her English classes.
We will focus more at her speaking skills and build her self confidence to unleash her potential. We will also work out her vocabulary and simple grammar rule.